About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Alice and I am a self-confessed bake-a-holic. My dream is to one day own a tea room full of gorgeous things, with books everywhere, vintage crockery, and of course plenty of home made cake! On this blog I plan to share all my trials and triumphs from the kitchen, as well as some of my favourite recipes and inspiration that I gather along the way.

Thursday 26 May 2011

A bit more about me

So, I've put up a few posts now, and I thought it was about time that I told you all a little bit more about me. My name is Alice, I'm 23, and I'm from Hertfordshire in the UK. I've trained as a primary school teacher, but at the moment am enjoying a few months of freedom before plunging into that hectic world!
Making things, and especially cooking has always been a passion of mine. My family aren't historically that into their kitchens, so I haven't had one of those idyllic upbringings where baking cakes with mum or grandma was a regular childhood experience, but I have always spent a lot of time trawling recipe books and admiring the pictures! As a teenager I was more into cooking main dishes, but the baking addiction really started when I went off to uni and lived in a house full of cake-a-holics! Baking was a daily activity and a really social thing, and I increasingly realised just how much I enjoyed it.

My favourite thing to bake is probably chocolate brownie (hence the first post!) but baking anything and everything makes me happy. Lots of happy family holidays in Snowdonia and a love of all things vintage got me thinking how lovely it'd be to run a tea shop one day amidst the mountains, but that's a long way off at the moment!

The plan is to use this blog to share with you what I'm baking and making, and hopefully as a way other people can share suggestions, ideas and advice with me (I have such a lot to learn, how to do those neat buttercream swirls on cupcakes for example) so I'm looking forward to a long and happy blogging future!

No comments:

Post a Comment